[Dillo-dev] Github et alia login/cookies issue

miroslav.rovis1 at zg.ht.hr miroslav.rovis1 at zg.ht.hr
Thu Jul 9 12:07:11 CEST 2015

Hi Walter!
On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 10:34:24AM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:

> > And on Gentoo, it's the local overlay way for me to go. Studying to be
> > able to accomplish that.
>
>   I'm also a Gentoo user; not even a C programmer, let alone a
> developer.  I'd be interested in your ebuild.
See in bottom in regard to that.
> For the devel version, I
> build it locally in my home directory.  You need to include
> "$HOME/.local/bin" in your PATH.
(Correct me if I misunderstand something here, pls.) No, I really want to go the ebuild way, I'm studying, go and download it, it's just:

wget -r https://devmanual.gentoo.org

and, I'm studying, haven't browsed all that I downloaded yet (this time
around, I was there online or offline a couple of times in some two
years without finalizing my learning of it)...
...and all is there, the entire devmanual, I believe, for hours upon
hours of study.

> You also have to have x11-libs/fltk on
> your system.  For fltk, the "xft" USE flag is strongly recommended.  I
> wonder if the "opengl" and "threads" USE flags would help fltk+dillo.
Wow! Noone told about that in no tips, and it's not the default. Could
in here below lie some of the reason why my fonts are not found? (just,
I have --ask in my /etc/portage/make.conf):
# emerge flt

Calculating dependencies                   ... done!
[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/fltk-1.3.3-r3:1::gentoo  USE="opengl -cairo
-debug -doc -examples -games -pdf -static-libs -threads -xft -xinerama"
0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

So you information is valuable to me!
> have a script file ~/dillo/dbuild
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #hg clone http://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo3
> cd ${HOME}/dillo/dillo3
> CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-unwind-tables-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables"
> CXXFLAGS=${CFLAGS}
> make clean
> hg pull
> hg update
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure \
>   --prefix=${HOME}/.local \
>   --enable-ssl \
>   --disable-ipv6 \
>   --enable-cookies \
>   --enable-png \
>   --enable-jpeg \
>   --enable-gif \
>   --enable-threaded-dns \
>   --enable-dependency-tracking \
>   2> ../build_err.txt
> make
> make install-strip
>
>   The first time only, I uncoment the "hg clone" command.
>
> --
> Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>

I see. But, no, I really want to go the ebuild way this time around!
I'll give it a few dozen hours dedicated work if necessary, I hope I
make it.

And for the ebuild and all of what I may learn in the process, you don't
need to worry, I'm pretty talkative, and I often don't even hide what I
should, for the desire to spread the use of good programs like Dillo.

I hope I'll be figuring things about the overlay and the ebuild writing
(the:

/usr/portage/www-client/dillo/dillo-3.0.5.ebuild

is probably what I will start from, copy it in my overlay (already
created), and modify it to use the source (for which I'll ask your or
any other Gentooers' help if I stumble on how to use it; I think the
source has to be a snapshot, not a mercurial SCM source, and I know how
to get git archives with cgit on apache, but not yet mercurial... will
study that too)...

And... And whatever comes my way... till I get it done.

Surely I'll try and open a Gentoo Forums topic for this, to get help,
and so that we can provide for others what we will have hopefully
done...

And surely I'll inform about that new topic on Gentoo Forums in this
mailing list.

---
###
---

As far as the the issue of cookies and those 1000/min lines, described
in the Grsecurity Forums, linked already from this topic, there is also
more that I plan on that issue too:

Deploy RBAC on Dillo browser
http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4228&p=15358#p15358

About which I was wondering: did, as I wrote, the Dillo devs read what
spender wrote:

( same Grsecurity Forums topic )
https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4228#p15352

(and which I can't understand at this time, and maybe never will)

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia