[Dillo-dev] Github et alia login/cookies issue

miroslav.rovis1 at zg.ht.hr miroslav.rovis1 at zg.ht.hr
Tue Jul 7 10:27:30 CEST 2015

"Something went wrong with that request. Please try again."

is what I get (in bottom of the login page).

The:

$ cat  ~/.dillo/cookiesrc
DEFAULT DENY
.github.com ACCEPT
.devuan.org ACCEPT
.gentoo.org ACCEPT
.wikibooks.org ACCEPT
.grsecurity.net ACCEPT
$

contains them.

And the:

$ cat  ~/.dillo/cookies.txt
# HTTP Cookie File
# This is a generated file!  Do not edit.
# [domain  subdomains  path  secure  expiry_time  name  value]

$

is empty!

I saw no errors in /var/log/messages though!

But I'll try something. If it works for me, it might be useful for
others, if not, maybe I get some help on it.

I've always been able to login fine into forums.debian.net,
forums.gentoo,org, forums.grsecurity.net and forum.sleuthkit.org (after
Google stopped banning me, in the captcha that they use to register;
Google, the surveillor of the world, is my distasteful enemy... Nobody
should be afraid of them, lots of us Liliputians will always overcome
any ugly Gullivers like the Schmoog is).

---
All the above was prepared for sending yesterday, 2015-07-06.

LATER. I even got (and all the conf is the same, .gitbub,com is in
cookiesrc), just this morning 2015-07-07 09:35 right now, the:

"Cookies must be enabled to use GitHub."

when making another attemt to log into Github.

But that was when I rebooted into my old:

3.19.6-hardened

kernel maybe half hour ago (for unrelated reasons).

And take a look at the following:

This is the cookies.txt file, Only gentoo wrote in it, so far (and I
accessed all those since, and esp. I took care to try the github).

# HTTP Cookie File
# This is a generated file!  Do not edit.
# [domain  subdomains  path  secure  expiry_time  name  value]

forums.gentoo.org	TRUE	/	TRUE	1467787565	phpbb2mysql_data_s	a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22334555%22%3B%7D

Don't know if there's any secrets detrimental for me, that I'd be
revealing, do modified some numbers in that forums.gentoo.org entry,
just in case.

I need to be on the fonts issue (but I think some of you, is it even
you, Jorge, who do the development in gentoo, not sure)...

I thought I'd still post this, as this might be a useful report for you,
devs.

OTOH, I'll post the emerge --info and more when I try the bug report on
the fonts.

Just:

$ uname -r
4.0.7-hardened-150705
$

Could it be an issue with hardened? What I did yesterday (I began
writing this message yesterday, which is all before the "LATER" mark
above), is I applied paxctl-ng -m on the binaries in
/usr/lib64/dillo/dpi/*/<the binary>, id est: I disabled the MPROTEXT on
them. I also have a text prepared on those, hopefully I send it next.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia