[Dillo-dev] Dillo on Cygwin/X

Stephan Götter keepalive at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:54:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

I just gave Dillo another try on Cygwin/X11 and got it working at
least partially with cygwin 1.7.9.

You need to compile FLTK using Cygwin libraries and X11:
./configure --enable-cygwin --enable-x11 && make install

Because the dpis are installed with ".exe" extension (eg
hello.dpi.exe) they aren't found by dpid. The extension is added by
automake: http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/automake/EXEEXT.html
The Makefiles look like this: bookmarks_PROGRAMS = bookmarks.dpi$(EXEEXT)

I don't know how to break automake of doing this for the dpis only, so
I modified dpid to use .exe-extension on cygwin (see attached patch).
After starting the XServer (/usr/bin/XWin -multiwindow) you can run
Dillo. Plain browsing with http using proxy and the bookmark & cookie
dpis does work. The other dpi currently fail.

- hello-dpi shows the dialog and without pressing any button the
resultpage (Answer received: Window was closed). After pressing Yes
dpid logs "ERROR: [a_Capi_dpi_send_data] No open connection found"
- vsource just crashes
- file, ftp and https can't connect:
Dpi_get_server_port: can't read server port from dpid.
** ERROR **: dpi.c: can't start dpi daemon

Looks like the socket implementation of cygwin still has some quirks
which can maybe tracked down.

Is there any interest to support this target on a source code basis?

Thanks and Greets,
Stephan